About Me

My photo
I'm a wife , bonus mom and fur baby mom. I enjoy reading, cooking, and being in the outdoors. I strive to keep God the center of my life and marriage, but I have failed often with that. I'm not perfect but am always trying to perfect myself in Christlike ways. Definitely a lover of animals, currently have 3 doggos and 2 kitties. If my husband had his way, we would have more.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Zena's First Hiking Trip





Ok, so I just realized that I forgot to post about taking Zena (the Great Dane) hiking. We went to Shaw Butte on St Patrick's day. She was soo excited, after all this was her first hiking trip.








Since I'm still a beginner hiker, I walk pretty slow going up the mountain. Zena kept pace with me, although at times she'd get a little ahead of me stop look at me and wait, as if to say "come on you can do it, just keep putting one foot in front of the other see watch me" then she would take a few steps look back at me to make sure I was coming.














Zena doesn't like to leave my side or be too far from my reach when we walk so she was extremely patient with me up the mountain, she never once pulled or even dragged me. I tried to get good pictures of Zena, but it was rather difficult when I'd stop she would stop, and I couldn't seem to get far enough behind her to take a really good photo.








However some nice fellow hiker offered to take one of Zena and I, so I was thankful for that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment