About Me

My photo
I'm a wife , bonus mom and fur baby mom. I enjoy reading, cooking, and being in the outdoors. I strive to keep God the center of my life and marriage, but I have failed often with that. I'm not perfect but am always trying to perfect myself in Christlike ways. Definitely a lover of animals, currently have 3 doggos and 2 kitties. If my husband had his way, we would have more.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Dark Side of the Moon

Tonight was another last minute change of plans....and I'm glad my friend and I ventured to the other side of the world. Well maybe not the other side of the world but Apache Junction, AZ sure seems like it. I found that there was an astrology lecture and star gazing program at The Lost Dutchman AZ State Park. A friend of mine agreed to the spur of the moment idea to venture out towards the east side. We were a little late in arriving, but it was amazing...1) to get away from the city a bit and enjoy the cool sweet "campfire" air and 2) We actually learned a little bit about the stars and constellations. Now as to all the names, I don't remember them all or the proper names of them but to name a few, we found the Taurus, Leo, Gemni, Orion, 7 Sisters, Big Dipper, Little Dipper, North Star, Sirius, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus, and of course the moon. Below are a few pictures of our adventure:
Waiting for the moon to rise over the Superstion Mountains seemed to take forever...


But as we were waiting for that tiny sliver to just come peaking over the mountains, we got to gaze at Mars, Saturn and two of its Moons, Jupiter, more stars I don't remember the names too, and Venus. Which I was able to take a picture of below.

Of course after all that is left is for the moon to rise, we are left waiting for it to peak up. I was glad for this wait because then I was able to mess around with my fancy digital camera and figure out what best setting and best way to use it would be. Then finally after much anticipation you could see it, just the tiniest sliver just slipping over the ridge. 
Now the moon has made her appearance and seems to be rising ever more quickly, and my poor little novice camera can't keep up, but I still manage a couple of good ones. I have determined that my little novice digital camera is still a good camera. I did enjoy staying out there with all the other experienced photographers and even had them admiring some of my handy work.Although next time I think I will invest in a tripod to help keep a more clear picture. 
Now I have saved the best for last.....I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them!




No comments:

Post a Comment