About Me

My photo
I'm a wife , bonus mom and fur baby mom. I enjoy reading, cooking, and being in the outdoors. I strive to keep God the center of my life and marriage, but I have failed often with that. I'm not perfect but am always trying to perfect myself in Christlike ways. Definitely a lover of animals, currently have 3 doggos and 2 kitties. If my husband had his way, we would have more.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sometimes instead of plans, you need guidelines...

So my plan today was an invigorating 6.4 mi hike on LV Yates (8) to Nature (304) to Ruth Hamilton (88) to Quartz Ridge (8A) then back to LV Yates (8) then back to my car at 40th st and Shea. It really did seem simple enough. I set out this morning around 7:30, determined to do 6.4 miles. I had chosen mostly easy trails, and then a couple more difficult ones for the way back to my car. Somehow though I ended up off of trail 8, not sure quite where I ended up, some fellow hikers said I was on Quartz Ridge. Wanting to stick to my plan, I turned around and headed back for LV Yates trail. 




Trying to figure out where I was on the map and getting my 6 miles in, seemed almost impossible. I kept finding other trails, that weren't blocked off, and didn't seem to be on the map. I finally just put the map in my pocket and decided just to hike, and enjoy the peacefulness and calm around me instead of worrying about sticking to my plan. At one point I was actually in the middle of the mountain preserve and everywhere I looked was the gorgeous mountain desert. 





At this point I knew I was no longer following my plan, so I did the next best thing, I stuck to trails that had been well traveled. Eventually I made my way back out on the north side, then headed back on trail 100 headed to my car.  Afterwords I looked at the map, and I"m still not sure how far Addie and I hiked, but it was great, and I'm glad that I put the map away and just enjoyed all the hike had to give. 

I guess it just goes to show that the best laid plans aren't always going to have the best adventures! Next time I think I will  just give guidelines as to where I will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment